Coffee is made from roasted coffee beans and it is a brewed drink that has caffeine content in it. One of the most popular drinks in the world, coffee can be prepared in different ways such as cappuccino, latte, espresso, etc. both hot coffee and iced coffee is consumed by people but cold coffee seems more popular alternative.
Coffee trees are covered with green leaves that grow opposite each other and coffee cherries grow on the branches. The cherry takes almost a year to mature and in around 5 years the full fruit production happens. A coffee plant can live up to 100 years but it is most productive between 7 and 20 of ages. Coffee seeds and cherries undergoes different processes before they turn into roasted beans. These cherries are handpicked that is cherries are selected when they are at the peak of ripeness, which is a labour intensive method. Then the coffee is processed and there are two ways of doing it- the dry process method and wet process method.
Coffee does not just have an amazing taste; it is beneficial in a lot of ways. It has potential that helps improve metabolism and also help you live longer.
Amazing benefits of coffee-
- DCoffee has a lot of nutritional value and is a huge source of antioxidants.
- Diabetes is one of the biggest health problems and many people suffer from it. Studies show that coffee can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetics.
- Coffee contains caffeine that helps in enhancing energy metabolism and it is also a central nervous system stimulation.
- Drinking coffee on a regular basis helps prevent liver disease like cirrhosis that can develop from many reasons but especially from drinking too much alcohol.
- According to research, drinking 3-5 cups of coffee a day decreases the risk of Alzheimer and dementia.
- Studies have shown that consumption of coffee on a daily basis can decrease the risk of depression.