Oleoresins are the extract of a herb or a spice. They are semi-solid extracts made from a natural or artificial blend of essential oils and a resin or fatty acids. Having concentrated natural liquid flavourings, Oleoresins have both volatile and non-volatile flavour components. The Oleoresins offered by Paytm Wholesale are taken from the best spices so that the spice’s robust flavour and aroma remain intact. Spices used to prepare Oleoresins includes capsicum, cardamom, basil, cinnamon, fenugreek, ginger, jambu, parsley, turmeric, rosemary, mace, and nutmeg, to name a few.
Oleoresins are a natural combination of oil and resin that can be taken from plants. This highly concentrated substance exists in liquid form. The extraction process starts with the cleaning of raw spices. After that, the spices’ oils are distilled with the help of an organic solvent. Then finally they are dispersed in a dry neutral carrier or liquid like vegetable oil.
They are used in various ways:
- Used as a coloring agent in cheese, meats, snack foods, etc.
- Used to enhance the color of eggs and poultry.
- In preparation of frozen foods, desserts, medicines, etc.
- Also used in soaps, hair lotions and candle making.
- Can also be used as a substitute of ground spices as they have similar properties.